Receptionist cum Secretary at Dangote December, 2022
Receptionist cum Secretary at Dangote
The Receptionist cum Secretary will be the first point of contact for Dangote Cement Limited, Tanzania. The individual will manage the front desk on a day-to-day basis while performing/ offering a variety of administrative and clerical supports across the business to the highest quality standards. S/he should exude a pleasant personality and ultimately be responsible for ensuring the front desk welcomes guests positively, provide general information about the company, and answer inquiries related to activities conducted by the company. The occupant should possess the ability to deal with emergencies in a timely and effective manner.
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the organisation’s reception area.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate persons and offices they are visiting after doing due diligence.
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming phone calls.
- Receive, sort, and distribute correspondences.
- Ensure the reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g., pens, forms, company brochures and magazines/ newspapers).
- Provide basic and accurate information in-person and via phone/email.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
- Order front office supplies and keep inventory of stock.
- Update calendars and schedule meetings.
- Assist with travel and accommodation schedules and prepare vouchers where necessary.
- Keep updated records of office expenses and costs.
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, transcribing, and scanning.
Education and Qualification Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in a Social Sciences or related discipline.
- Minimum of five (3) years relevant work experience.
Skills and Competencies
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative, or similar role.
- Hands-on experience with office equipment (e.g., computer and printers).
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills (preferably English and Swahili).
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Multitasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Customer service attitude.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Private Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development