HTS Manager at MDH November, 2022
HTS Manager at MDH
Job Title: HTS Manager
Reports to : Regional Project Manager
Deadline: 2nd December 2022
Job Summary :
The Regional HIV Testing Services Manager is MDH’s overall regional technical expert in all matters pertaining to HIV testing services (HTS) and programs. She/ He provides technical leadership and oversight of HTS related interventions and services – including focused HTS that employ symptom and risk screening by expert patients prior to HTS, index HIV testing services, HTS among key and vulnerable populations as well as linkage to anti-retroviral therapy- in collaboration with other program and government staff at the region, relevant ministries and MDH HQ.
HTS Manager at MDH
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To lead and oversee planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and ART linkage services, under the Afya Kwanza project, and other relevant activities in her/his respective region.
- To lead implementation of initiatives to address key program, donor and national priorities, including index testing, focused PITC, peer-based ART linkage, in line with national guidelines.
- To provide TA to the R/DMOs, R/DACCs, R/CHMTs, HTS focal persons and HFs in planning, implementation, M&E and reporting of HIV testing and ART linkage services.
- To conduct needs assessment, on HIV testing and ART linkage services in her/his region, and organize efforts to address these needs -; including capacity building and health system strengthening – in collaboration with the RPM, R/DACCs, R/CHMTs and HTS focal person.
- To ensure timely collection and submission of HTS and ART linkage data – as well as support strengthening of the related M&E systems – in collaboration with the M&E team.
- Lead efforts to robustly analyse and utilize HTS and ART linkage data to inform plans, priorities and resource allocation and write reports, best practices and lessons learned for wider dissemination.
- To lead efforts to identify gaps in HIV testing and ART linkage services; design and implement operational research (OR), PHE, secondary data analyses and CQI initiatives to address the gaps.
- To implement robust capacity building programs, for HIV testing and ART linkage services; capitalizing on supportive supervision, mentorship and on-job training in line with national guidelines
- To supervise program staff under her/him in her/his respective region.
- To actively participate in writing technical program documents including project proposals, work-plans, reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents, as required by the RPM.
- To support and advise the RPM on all HIV testing and ART linkage issues.
- To perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Requirements, Education, work experience and skills
Degree in Medicine/ social, with added advantage Masters in Public health
HTS services including Index, FPITC, SNS testing, as well s other prevention services including CECAP and GBV services, working in donor funded projects is added advantage Computer
How to Apply:
To Apply for this Job register or login to https://recruitment.mdh.or.tz/ and from the Dashboard click on Search Vacancies button.