Field Officers at LVIA October, 2022
Field Officers at LVIA
LVIA is an Italian NGO operating in Dodoma region. The organization is based in Kongwa town and implements activities across the Kongwa, Chamwino & Bahi districts. For the implementation of the new project, “Diverse Food System: Improving Nutrition by Supporting a Diversified and Sustainable Food System,” LVIA is looking for the following:
Field Officers (2 Posts)
Summary: The field officers will work at the office & field level; they will increase communities’ ownership, awareness & competencies through capacity-building actions and training. They will ensure the timely compilation of all official reports required by the LVIA and will generate materials & support all relevant logistics.
Duration: The contract is 1 year period with 3 months’ probation. High possibility to renew for two more years, depending on funds & candidate’s performance.
Place of duty: Kongwa, Chamwino & Bahi Districts
Tentative starting date: Early December 2022
About You: You are a people person; you enjoy being in the field but also perform well in the office; you are flexible and ready to move; you are fluent in English, a confident communicator, and can put your meaning across transparently.
Field Officers at LVIA
- At least Diploma in Agriculture or relevant field
- At least three years of experience in a relevant position
- Computer Literature
- Ability to ride a motorbike
- Identify and engage seed growers; carryout & supervise field inspection and reporting
- Train the beneficiaries & advise them on seed multiplication and crop diversification
- Organizing farmers’ meetings to identify problems and set priorities
- Communicate on time any feedback that can affect the successful implementation of the project
- Build and maintain good relationships with both project beneficiaries & local authorities
- Be aware and respectful of gender balance, socio-cultural aspects, staff safety, unethical & mismanagement behavior, proper environmental management
- Farmers assessment, Identification, and registration as well as support to the identified vulnerable farmers
Interested candidates should send their CV, a motivational letter, a copy of professional certificates, and possibly, the details of three referees.
Please indicate the job you are applying for, like in the example: LVIA /Agronomist / Your Name & Surname. Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com or apply directly to the LVIA Office in Kongwa by 31st of October 2022.
NOTE: All application Letters should be written in English, and you will be required to bring Original professional certificates during the interview. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by telephone or email; the job interview will be held in the LVIA Kongwa office.
P.O. BOX 160 Kongwa Tanzania