Intern Lindi & Mtwara at FHI 360 October, 2022
Mtwara at FHI 360
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff include experts in Health, Education, Nutrition, Environment, Economic Development, Civil Society, Gender, Youth, Research and Technology; creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 60 countries. Currently, we are seeking for an Intern in Lindi & Mtwara for Accounting related activity with our EpiC Project.
The intern will support the Finance department in aspects related to finance and accounting activities within the Project . S/He will provide support in facilitating payments, payment processing and maintain compliance as per FHI360/Program standards and financial regulations.
- Liaise with regional staff for Covid19 focal persons for payments claims
- Review Covid19 vaccination payments forms
- Cross checking list of payees as per submitted claims
- Filing of collected covid19 payments at regional office
- Collecting fuel receipts from designated fuel stations
- Liaise with finance office for day-to-day covid19 payments claims
- To accomplish any other tasks provided by supervisor
- Perform any other related duties assigned by supervisor
Mtwara at FHI 360
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting and Business Administration OR Advanced Diploma in similar field.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing needs and patterns of work.
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, partners, and recipients of assistance
- Demonstrated cultural sensitivity and sound understanding of the needs of KVP.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
- Good attention to detail; Good analytical, numerical and problem-solving skills
- Must have report writing and documentation skills and able to communicate with impact.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle pressure situations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to interact with staff with diplomacy and firmness.
- Handle quantitative information with accuracy and precision; resourceful in gathering information.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply:
Mtwara at FHI 360
FHI 360 has a competitive compensation package. Interested candidates may apply online by uploading CV/Resume, Cover letter, Photocopies of Certificates and Names and Addresses of three (3) referees
FHI 360 is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.